Founded in 1995, Guida Surveying, Inc. (Guida), has focused on providing professional land surveying services on municipal and private projects throughout California. This family-oriented business, whose focus is on providing innovative surveying, drone/UAV, and GPS technology services, has consistently grown throughout the years in the number of staff as well as in the diversity of the projects on which we have provided services.
The Guida team continues to grow and currently seeks to fill a full-time project surveyor position at our Pleasanton, CA office.
In this role, the project surveyor will be responsible for overseeing all phases of survey assignments; therefore, we are looking for an experienced surveyor who can organize, coordinate, manage, and execute a work plan for a broad range of project assignments. These assignments will include, but are not limited to, transportation, right of way engineering, construction, design, and development projects.
- Providing additional support to project managers
- Assisting and/or leading technical problem solving, resolution, and methods
- Directing and guiding work of staff surveyors, CAD technicians, and others
- Ensuring all aspects of a project are completed in a satisfactory manner, including but not limited to, field crew setup, survey processing, processing of topographic field data, obtaining permits, and scheduling tasks
- Processing GPS data
- Performing network and traverse adjustments
- Assisting with fieldwork, drafting, data analysis, document preparation, legal descriptions and other aspects of land surveying
- Assisting with surveys in order to establish legal boundaries for properties based on field data, record documents, and title
- Assisting with the preparation of proposals and cost estimates and maintaining client relationships
- Participating in client meetings
- Understanding and executing a project work plan
- Maintaining current knowledge of methods of surveying and survey procedures
- Land Surveyor in Training (LSIT) required
- Professional Land Surveyor, or on the path to obtain, a plus
- 6+ years land surveying experience
- Ability to produce drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, and graphics in AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation
- Experience communicating with local agencies and possess the ability to read and understand local agency standards
- Excellent technical and communication skills
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English: verbal and written
- Ability to work on several concurrent projects
- AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016 and up
- Trimble Business Center (TBC)
- Microsoft Products, Word, Excel, etc.
- *StarNet, a plus
- 401(k)/profit sharing
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage
- Supplemental insurance coverage available
- 8 paid holidays
- Paid time off (vacation)
- Professional development support
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action; E-Verify
If you are qualified for this position please contact us through our contact page.